It is always seen that students neglect their health. One of the primary reasons behind this is the academics that overshadow the good and bad health habits. Physical fitness and diet are directly related to mental health. It affects the study pattern and the sleep of a person.
Health Concerns For Students
Nutrition and Exercise can seem to be very unimportant things for students at an early stage of life. But the students need to give importance to their physical as well as mental health. Following are some of the issues faced by the students:
Lack of Proper Sleep
It is miserable that when students try to make some more time to study and socialize, they lose their sleep. American Academy of Sleep Medicine states that staying up late at night for study takes a toll upon physical as well as mental health.
Poor Eating Habits
Students generally seem crazy about having fast food and beverages with high sugar intake. It can be a perfect option for students while they feel hungry. But adding too much of such food can be harmful to students. They don’t fulfill the nutritional requirements of the human body.
High Level of Stress
Throughout a student’s academic career, stress and anxiety are likely due to various projects and assignments; exams; results, etc. The challenging schedules and deadlines by the schools and colleges add up to the stress level by taking it to new heights.
Living A Healthy Lifestyle
A student needs to give due importance to their health. Proper health can be managed by taking care of the following two things:
- Nutrition and Food- Proper nutrition and food are some of the most important things to be given importance for living a healthy lifestyle.
Following are some of the ways to keeping the food intake and nutrition level in check:
- It’s necessary to maintain a proper balance between the meals to check the daily nutritional intake. According to Strait Having the right amount of protein, vitamins, fiber, zinc, etc., is very important for a healthy life.
- It’s also necessary to have three meals in a day plus snacks. It will ensure that the body receives enough nutrients and the body’s glucose level is also maintained.
- Healthy carbohydrates can include whole-wheat bread, brown rice, pasta, sweet potatoes, etc. It can be beneficial to help reduce fat and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Body Maintenance– It is essential to be friendly to your body and pay the necessary attention to keep it healthy and fit. Following are some of the ways that can be helpful for proper body maintenance:
- Eating enough calories every day can keep the body in proper condition. It helps maintain the body’s energy level and helps the body and mind be more attentive.
- It is essential to make sure the body is well hydrated. Dehydration can make the body feel tired. Having enough fresh water and avoiding alcohol and caffeine intake can help keep the body hydrated throughout the day.
- Exercise should be an essential part of a person’s life. It can help in keeping the body well active and also help in the reduction of the stress level. Thirty minutes of exercise every day can be beneficial for a student to remain busy and productive throughout the day.