Losing weight is a big concern for many people in India. It is often associated with the fitness and lifestyle of a person. Weight loss requires enough discipline with a good amount of effort. It can be achieved by maintaining a healthy lifestyle which refers to having the proper nutritious, low-calorie diet and regular physical exercise. A balanced diet with the right proportion of all nutrients can be beneficial in achieving the goal of weight loss.
Many of us have a misconception that weight loss requires drastic measures such as intermittent fasting, etc. But it’s not the same. It requires a good and healthy diet and physical exercise to bring down the body weight. Foods such as grains, healthy fats, dairy, vegetables, and fruits help lose body weight.
Some of the tips for weight loss as mentioned by NHS
- Do not skip breakfast. Skipping breakfast can be a barrier to losing weight for Indian females. Breakfast may contain some essential nutrients that are very important to keep the body fit and energetic throughout the day.
- Eating at the right time regularly during the day can be very useful for burning calories in a person. It also helps in reducing the temptation or the urge to have snacks with high fat.
- Different fruits and vegetables have high fiber but significantly fewer amount calories in them. They can be very vital for a reduction in the calorie intake of the body.
- Drinking plenty of water is very important. A person can take in high calories by feeling hungry when they need a glass of water.
Diet Chart For Indian Females For Weight Loss
The seven-day diet chart for a female for losing their weight are as follows:
- Monday– Monday breakfast can include sambar with two brown rice or paneer sandwiches. Lunch can consist of roti with mixed vegetables with dal. Fresh spinach and salad can be part of dinner for the day.
- Tuesday– Tuesday breakfast can be oat with milk and blueberries or bread, milk, and fruits. For lunch, they can have hummus and vegetable wrap or brown rice with dal and mixed vegetables. Khichdi can be best to have for dinner.
- Wednesday– Vegetable uttapam a\with sambar can be best suited for breakfast. Lunch may include whole-grain roti with mixed vegetables. At dinner, one can have chicken stir fry with soba noodles or palak paneer with brown rice.
- Thursday– Yogurt with fruits can be idle for breakfast, whereas lunch may include whole-grain roti with either vegetables or non-veg sabji. At dinner, one can have bean chili with cauliflower rice.
- Friday– Friday breakfast may include buckwheat pancakes with raspberries and greek yogurt. For lunch, one can take brown rice and two multigrain roti with veg or non-veg roti. Dinner may be taken with potatoes, mixed vegetables with two multigrain roti.
- Saturday– Saturday breakfast may include parathas, sliced papaya, and milk. Lunch may consist of minted pea and feta omelet, and in the diner, one can have green salads with mixed vegetables and multigrain roti.
- Sunday– On Sunday, one can have breakfast muffin along with eggs and vegetables. At lunch, one can have either vegetable soup with whole grain roti or khichdi. On Sunday dinner, one can have masala-baked tofu with multigrain roti.